This system is a layout creation service. It needs raw text (‘strings’) to design and create well laid out PDFs. However, the supplied information will not be stored in a database. It’s only being processed and sent back to the user in a different file format.
How we treat your data
- All data is protected by a login: account name and password.
- Only the account profile (1) is stored on the system.
- Personal information (2 and 3) is processed to create printable items and is not archived or otherwise kept on the system for any re-use.
- Meta-information is stored in the system logs for support and debugging purposes. (If you don’t like that, let us know and we’ll disable that for your account. We won’t be able to help you if you get stuck though.
- There is NO system in place that keeps track of a managed list, adding new information every week. There is NO database in which submitted information is stored at all.
- The generated PDFs are kept on the system for re-download via a unique private link.
- After three days the PDFs are deleted from the system.
- Because of the fact that we keep no data, there’s no way we could ever re-market it or share it with third parties.
We use three types of data
(1) Your account profile is obviously stored on our system. This consists of:
- an email address to restore passwords
- info that’s necessary to create the PDFs:
- meeting location
- meeting day
- costs to attend a meeting
- layout preferences
- upcoming presentations
- open classifications
- other notes like training dates, upcoming events
(2) NOT saved on our system: the list of visitors
- A user submits a tab-delimited list in order to generate printable PDFs from it
- The Meeting Notes Sheets may contain Name, Company name, Phone number, Profession. This information is either typed in or copied from an Excel sheet that any organization will be able to provide for printing purposes. Submitted information wil NOT be saved on layoutserver except for support purposes (in log files).
- Email addresses are not displayed on the placemat. They may only be used on a feedback form, to be handed over to the visitor. This form is only available to visitor hosts, who need this information for their follow-up and to the visitor, who is asked to fill out the personalized feedback form. The visitor doesn’t need to waste time and effort writing down again his name, email address, phone number, data of visit and so on.
(3) Publicly available information
- The Meeting Notes Sheet also displays the members of the network group, provided that this information is publicly available on a website for which members have given their consent. If not, they’re not mentioned on the list.
- The member list can be typed in manually, resulting in copies of Excel sheets in shared cloud folders (dropbox, google drive). More safe and more convenient is it to use the URL of the groups web page as a source. The system will use and re-arrange information from that page on the fly. It does not store or archive the information for re-use.
An exception to (3) has been made for starting groups. These groups often don’t have a dedicated web page with member listing yet. This means that each meeting again, they’d have to submit their member list containing member names, professions, company names, phone numbers. This is inconvenient and error prone, especially when the member list hasn’t been changed since the week before. Therefore, only for registered layoutserver users, a cached version of their last member list is kept for their own re-use. It will not be used for any other purpose. It can not be edited or accessed other than for generating the same list again by the same logged in account.
We monitor our site performance on an anonymized level. We do NOT advertise, we neither retarget nor remarket.